If you are a beginner, learn to host a website on your own. The first thing to consider when starting your website is to choose a web hosting provider. The web hosting provider provides webspace (i.e. specialized computer called web server), where your website’s files are stored, as well as the technologies and services required for your website to be viewed on the Internet. These are shared hosting, VPS hosting services, dedicated servers.
NexaHost add-on services provided by a web hosting provider typically include data backup, firewall security, technical support, email services, domain name registration, website creation tools and applications.
If you are just starting out, it is a good idea to get your domain and hosting from the same company. This will ensure that your domain is basically and easily configured with your web hosting account.
Here are The Steps for Hosting a website:
Step 1: Decide what kind of website you want
You will usually find 2 types of websites:
- Static or basic websites- Static websites are simple websites with one or more web pages (called HTML pages). You can create them on your computer with software such as Dreamweaver and then upload the page to your host’s server using any FTP software (such as FileZilla). Whenever you need to make changes to your website, you have to edit your pages.
- Dynamic website- Dynamic websites contain information based on day, time and viewer and other factors. They use both client-side and server-side scripts to create and update content. Client-side scripts, which run on the user’s computer, are used primarily for presence and interaction purposes. Server-side scripts, which reside on a server and are used extensively by e-commerce and social networking sites, allow users to have personal accounts and provide a customized response for each user.
Installing web application software such as WordPress, Joomla, Magneto etc. may seem complicated, but it is not. HostGator India allows you one-click installation of web applications and provides friendly 24/7/365 to make it easy.
Step 2: Choose Your Hosting Server
Unlike static HTML sites, which can be hosted on most web servers, when it comes to web applications, there are basically two types of hosting platforms. Depending on your hosting requirements and who you are most comfortable with, you can choose from:
- Linux Hosting- Which allows to run scripts written in PHP, Perl, Python and other Unix-native languages, and usually supports PostgreSQL and MySQL databases. It is the most commonly used system today.
- Windows Hosting- Which allows running ASP scripts using .NET and other Microsoft technologies, and supports Microsoft SQL Server and Access databases.
You can go with either Linux hosting or Windows hosting, regardless of which operating system you use at home or work. If your website does not require any scripting support, you will be able to host Linux more cost-effectively. But if your website requires scripting and database support, choose the platform that supports the technologies you use.
Step 3: Select Your Web Hosting Plan
You will usually find a wide range of services in web hosting, such as:
- Shared Hosting- In shared hosting, you share the physical server with other website owners. However, you will have your own separate account (secured with login credentials). Shared hosting is very inexpensive because the cost of operating the server is shared between you and other website owners.
- VPS Hosting (Virtual Private Server Hosting)- In VPS hosting, every website is stored on a very powerful server which is divided into several virtual compartments. The server software is configured separately so that each unit can function independently.
- Dedicated Hosting- Dedicated hosting gives you a complete server for yourself, making it faster, more secure and more expensive. It is an ideal solution for large businesses and high-traffic websites as it allows for maximum customization, configuration, installation and flexibility.
- Cloud Hosting- Cloud hosting allows multiple virtual servers (cloud) to work together to host a single website or group of websites. It provides unlimited ability to handle sudden traffic spikes. A cloud-hosted website is no longer limited to just one server, and the resources allocated to it may be dynamically shrinking or expanding, depending on how much traffic you get. It is a great option for large websites, including e-commerce websites, newspapers and blogs.
Most people start with VPS (or even shared) hosting and later upgrade as their business grows. VPS hosting gives you professional web hosting capability at a much lower cost than a dedicated server.
Step 4: Change Your DNS Address
After purchasing your web hosting, you will get the name server which is equivalent to an internet phone book which has IP addresses. To get your website up and working, you will need to change your domain name server. Took a simple but mandatory step to get started.
- Go to your domain control panel via https://nexahost.com/Domain/.
- Enter your registered email address and password.
- Click on the domain name for which you must change the name server.
- In the Domain Registration section, click on the Name Server option.
- Change the existing name server provided by your existing web host, and click the Update Name Server button.
Step 5: Upload Your Website
Now you can upload your website to your account by connecting to the server using cPanel’s file manager or FTP client (like FileZilla) – after which your website will go live.
How to Upload Your Website Using cPanel File Manager
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Click on the icon titled File Manager.
- Choose Web Route and click Go.
- Add all files and folders under public_html and their respective domain folders.
How to Upload Your Website Using FTP Client
You can connect to FTP through an FTP program such as the FileZilla client. This allows you to view those files and folders on our server as you view them on your computer. You can use this to drag and drop files from your website into the / public_html / folder.
To connect to your web server through FileZilla, follow these steps:
- Install FileZilla and open it
- From the File menu, choose Site Manager
- Click on new site
- Name the new site – such as your actual domain name
- Enter your website’s IP address as an FTP address
- Enter the username and password received in your welcome mail
- Set port to 21(FTP always runs on port 21)
- Click connect
Once your FTP is connected, you will see your files and folders:
- A local computer on the left side shared hosting
- Web hosting service on the right shared hosting
To upload files to your hosting service provider through FileZilla, follow these steps:
- From the left side of FileZilla, select the file (s) and folder (s) you want to upload.
- Drag and drop the file and folder (folder) to the directory location on the right side of your web hosting service. FileZilla will now start uploading.
- After the uploading is finished, the FileZilla log will confirm success and your uploads will appear on the right.
For more related information, Go and check out https://vmayo.com.
Shared Hosting Shared Hosting Shared Hosting VPS Hosting Services VPS Hosting Services VPS Hosting Fo